Orginazed Crime: Chapter 3, The Document.

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Mauser Kar98K
x3

Orginazed Crime: Chapter 3, The Document.

Post by Mauser Kar98K » Wed, 5. Oct 05, 12:46

Berdan was at a attention when the rear door of the Argon Shuttle opened. The reception crew was there ready to off load the supplies along with techs ready to off load and install the transporter device. But priorities were always first. A deck hand announced the arrival of Commander Shern with a traditional naval whistle followed by the call to a salute. After returning the salute Shern and Berdan began right off with Argon Naval business.
“Mourning Commander.”
“Mournin Captian,” replied Shern with an Argon country slang.
“Ready for the tour, I promise it won’t go to my quarters.” Berdan whispered.
“Actually Berdan, I need to go to your boardroom. I have something from the intelligence serves,” as Shern lifter the bag she was carring, motioning of real important business.
“Okay, follow me.”
Berdan and Shern went through three decks, passing along the fighters, returning salutes from NCOs and lower officers, and casually observing the upgrades and new quarters of recreation around the ship.
When the two entered the boardroom, Berdan closed and locked the door. The room was wood paneled from the trees of the Three Worlds. The table, which was the size of two Silicone plates, came from the Argon council’s defense wing. This table had a significant role of deliberating, and ruling on battle plans during the Xenon wars. Now it sits in the Intrepid as a way to bring negations and terms of peace to the opposing parties.
“What’s in the bag Shern, I thought you stopped carrying a purse.”
“Funny!!” she replied with a hint of sarcasm. She opened the Argu cow leather case and pulled out a white paper envelope with secret plastered all over it. Shern thru it on the table with made a slap, than a thud.
“Paper?” questioned Berdan with surprise.
“Ya, I know. Also nice on how they sent it, through me to you. Who the hell sends a Titan captain to another Captain with two other M2s to deliver papers? This is like spy stuff. Besides, paper is obsolete. Its been obsolete since, hell, I don’t when.”
Berdan picked up the package and say the security strip that was sealing the documents inside. He then put down back on the table.
“Well, aren’t you going to open it Beran?”

“Ya. I have to get the key to open it.”
“What key? I don’t see a lock on it,” said Shern looking at the package.
“It has dessentergrading strip on it. As soon as you rip the seal, acid burns the paper inside of it. There is no way around, even cutting into it from the bottom starts the process. The way it works is that there is tin plastic tube containing the acid. As soon as air hits the plastic, the acid is released, and it moves quickly. They seal this thing by vacuum. Great security device!”
“Why don’t they use the self destruction device on a computer notebook? Easiest way to do it.”
“Oh ya, easiest, but the Xenon found a way to read a hard drive from one and it killed four of our spys. Paper is easer to destroy.”
Berdan went to a cabinet in the room. He pulled out a key from under is uniform that was on a chain. He opened the cabinet and removed a small box. After inserting the key in the lock and opening the box, he pulled out a silver pen with a laser tip.
“What’s that!?” asked Shern
“This is a melter. Only way to open the package is by melting the acid and the seal. Neat little thing, it dissolves that acid and plastic but doesn’t burn the paper inside. How, I will never know. This is probably the most guarded secret in the Argon Sectors and it is how this thing melter works,” Berdan picked up the package and began to trace the seal with the pen. Smoke began to come out of the flap that slowly started to open. When the seal was fully destroy, Berdan pulled out the documents and put them on the desk. The print was large, large enough to make the whole document over twenty pages long, but again with a reason.
“I know you are going to ask, so I will just tell you what this thing is for. Paper is easy to destroy. There is probably an order to destroy it upon reading it. The reason for the large print is to make easy to read in a hurry. What is said here is highly sensitive, and is not to be repeated, and not even to god. They don’t send very, very often.
“This is an intelligents document. This comes from the highest level and from good thinking heads.”
Berdan started with page and gave it to Shern.
The Document is said as was read;

Flash: Destroy upon reading!

4 DAYS AGO, 3 ARGON TITANS CHASED UNKNOWN NUMBER OF PIRATE SHIPS TO BARON SECTORS FROM THE WALL. HAD TO STOP THE PURSUIT UPON ENTERING THE BORON SECTORS. THEY ESTIMATED OVER 50 SHIPS. THAT WAS REASON FOR UNKNOWN NUMBER, HOWEVER, 6 TS CLASS AND 4 M4 CLASS SHIPS WERE DESTROYED. M3 CLASS SHIPS WERE ALSO SPOTTED ON SCANNERS.
THE BORON SENT A REPORT TO OUR INTEL OFFICE REPORTING THE PIRATE CLUSTER JUMPING INTO TELIADY. BORAN TRIED TO PURSUE BUT WAS DENIED BY TELIDAY SAYING IT WAS NOW TELIDAY’S PROBLEM AND THEY COULD DEAL WITH IT.
NO INTEL REPORTS FROM TELIDAY WERE SENT. AFTER WE REQUESTED THE OUTCOME, WE WERE GIVEN SHORT AND NONE CONCLUSIVE ANSWERS.
FLASH: 8 SEZURAS AGO TELIDAY HAS STOPPED ALL JUMPS INTO CEOSBUCKZIOD AND ALL OTHER JUMPS OF ENTRY INTO TELIDAY SPACE.
SPLIT AND PARANID HAVE REPORTED SIMILAR ACTIVITY.
LARGER NUMBER OF SHIPS WAS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE REPORTS.
FROM THE DESTROYED WRECKAGES OF THE PIRATE SHIPS, JUMP DEVICES WERE FOUND ALONG WITH LARGE AMONTS OF ENERGY CELLS.
FLASH: STOP, SEIZE OR CAPTURE ANY PIRATE VESSEL AND CREW UPON SITE. ANY INTEL AT ALL MUST BE REPORTED!
FLASH: EXPECT HOSTILE TENTIONS AGIANST TELIDAY FORCES! WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THE TELIDAY THROUGH BACK CHANNELS.
END.

Berdan looked out the window into space, gazing for knowledge from the stars. Shern put the last page down and laid back in her seat.
“So what does this mean?” She asked.
“It means we handle the Teliday with kid gloves and question all known pirates.”

“But should we question the Teliday we come across as well? Seems like they are the ones aiding the pirates? Hell they sell them spaceweed!”
“Yes, it would seem that way, but large number of pirates together is the real odd point. They don’t fly together in numbers like that. Yes may be three or four ships in a convoy but not over fifty. Then you have the jump drive equation. Why go through gates and loose ships when they could have jumped?”
“Maybe they are going to Xenon sectors, and need to be closer?”
“That doesn’t add up either Lens. You had the Split reporting them going the other way. No, something doesn’t add up and most certainly the pirates. I am glad to see them gone, but, them all in one spot isn’t good. Someone in the higher end of our food chain thinks the same way. It may not even be as big of a Teliday probably as it is made out to b as well.
“What the report says is to do is to keep an eye out, hunt for pirates, even if they have illegal goods or not, and keep an eye out for the Teliday, but don’t start any wars. What it also says is, if any Teliday start acting funny, I can give an order to blow them out of the stars.”
Berdan got up to but the melter away and grabbed the vile of acid that was in the box. He slipped the pages inside and broke the vile of acid. Smoke filled the air.
“So why did they give me that package to give to you?” Asked Shern.
“Because they now trust you. Why I let you read it as well. I have seen this kind of package twice. Once when I was in Banner’s office try to get out of trouble and the second time when I hand delivered it to him. I wasn’t supposed to see it the first time.
“Don’t worry you will get you decoder pen as well.”
“Well, I guess the other question is, why this to you Berdan?”
“Cause I am in a border sector with the Boran, and I am in a new upto date carrier that can jump anywhere on a moments notice. I am sure other border sectors also got the same message. On top of that, the Pirates and the Boron haven’t been too nice to each other. The Boron has taken a real big stance on Spaceweed, and it has pretty much shut down the pirates’ income. What is weird is that the Teliday hasn’t denounced the Borons’ action during all this, cause I am sure the Teliday are loosing money as well in this?”
“So what does this mean for me then, oh great eye-less one?”
“Means I will be requesting for you and the rest of your Titans to stay a little longer for training purposes.”
“What so you can shake up with me.”
“NO!!! For once my mind isn’t in the gutter. Might need a little more muscle around here. Haven’t run into any pirates lately except 2 days ago. In fact I haven’t heard a thing of what was found in the wreckage. About time I go down in check.”
“Want me to come along?” asked Shern
“Ya, the findings might be in your best intrest!”
Mauser mit Dem Mauser.

.308 Holes make invisable souls.

Privateering; alive and well in the X Universe

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Wed, 5. Oct 05, 23:55

nice style. put's you in on what's going on around the ship. and makes you wanna read on.

Mauser Kar98K
x3

Thx

Post by Mauser Kar98K » Thu, 6. Oct 05, 04:01

Thx, I think I should have used a different title to grab more attention, but that is to come. I will be posting numbner 4 and 5 when i get to work. <--- Rent-a-Cop here, then I have to get back doing my Rock-a-Billy studies on my guitar. 8)

Excuse the spelling. This is the first draft and my Ex girlfriend is my editor, and she is far to buisy. Damn Florida public schools. I bet our German board members can spell english better than us government educated english speaking Americas.
Mauser mit Dem Mauser.

.308 Holes make invisable souls.

Privateering; alive and well in the X Universe

Return to “Creative Universe”