Possible release date for X3 Reunion.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kreep69
x3tc

Possible release date for X3 Reunion.

Post by kreep69 » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 12:14

I've seen a lot of questions in this forum wondering about the release date. No one has mentioned that both EBGames and GameSpot have an October 17th release date and its been that way for quite a while. Amazon is also listing the date as October 21st (they are normally a few days behind).

I suppose the release date could slide but my opinion is that we are seven days from release :).

-- edit --

here are some of the links -
EBGames
Amazon
Gamespot

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 12:22

Please read other topics theres absolutly tones of other "release date" topics here. And to put you right, we dont know when its coming out but we do know it will be soon like in a month or two as its going into final beta testing. So unless they have some major bugs or delays we should be ok for release soon in the next month or two im guessing. Yes im guessing which is what anyone can really do at this point which also explains companys like play.com advertising made up dates based on guess work by following the development of x3 from news they released.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 12:32

just about all the game sites and game sellers are showing around the 21st of this month, including the publisher DeepSilver, but we all need to wait until we see it on this forum to believe it

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 16:25

I don't think we'll make that release date. It'll take at least a couple of weeks after it's gone gold for it to release and it hasn't gone gold yet.

(x2 took 25 days).
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 16:27

And by saying "No one has mentioned that both EBGames and GameSpot ..." you obviously hasn't read any of the topics.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 16:32

THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE! FINAL! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OVERWELMED BY RELEASE DATE TOPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rad Jeebus^
x3

Post by Rad Jeebus^ » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 17:48

Wait, so when are you saying its released by Titanx3? :p

Tomorrow? wow, thats cool.

Or maybe they'll do a HL2 and say someone hacked the servers and stole all of the content and that it will be another year. Now wouldn't that be funny...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 22:17

Congratulations, you're the 500th person to point out that EBGames and other sites are listing 17th October! And you're the 500th person to be wrong in assuming that those sites have any information other than chucking a dart at a calendar.

X3 is still under testing. When it finishes testing and goes gold, the members of this forum will be amongst the first to know. Once it DOES go gold, we can reckon several weeks to get the game pressed, packaged, and shipped out to shops. Even if X3 were ready next week--and I have no idea if there's a chance of that--there's no way it'll be in the shops by the 17th.

pcsurgeonuk
x3

Post by pcsurgeonuk » Mon, 10. Oct 05, 23:21

pjknibbs wrote:there's no way it'll be in the shops by the 17th.
The 21st of Oct however ... :D

Any chance it has gone gold and its still under wraps at moment?

O and the publisher put down that date, not the shops... doupt they plan their releases using a dart board... :roll:

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Tue, 11. Oct 05, 00:36

pcsurgeonuk wrote:
O and the publisher put down that date, not the shops... doupt they plan their releases using a dart board... :roll:
Sorry but there the publisher not the developer, how would they know?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 11. Oct 05, 01:21

The publisher, strangely enough, decides the release date. Not the developer. Then, hopefully, the publisher informs their retailers.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Tue, 11. Oct 05, 02:29

:D :D :D :D :D

coll, is my birthday and maybe i will receive one

:oops: :oops: :oops:

JohnnyR
x3

Post by JohnnyR » Tue, 11. Oct 05, 02:37

Hmmm...this is interesting...read this quote form an interview at http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=1693:

Gamecloud - What is the current status of the game's progress and when will it be released?

Greg Kingston - At the time of writing, we are just about to release our 4th beta version. Already we have in place a feature lock so there will be no new elements introduced from now until release and it is all about testing and fine-tuning. The testing is going well and the various teams are working overtime to report anything they see. The exact release date is down to the publishers of course but we are on target to meet their deadline. The date will be confirmed very soon but this will likely vary in some regions to allow for localisation.

And what do you know! The publisher lists the release date as the 21st...Hmmm...

steeljacket488
x3

Post by steeljacket488 » Tue, 11. Oct 05, 21:03

The game will more than likely go gold in the last two weeks in Oct, but it is the publisher that puts it out. Same thing as writing a book, you can do it whenever, yet your publisher if you find one makes the call as to when your book is released.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 05:20

I know when it is released!!! :twisted:
Spoiler
Show
When it is released!!
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 05:46

pjknibbs wrote:Congratulations, you're the 500th person to point out that EBGames and other sites are listing 17th October! And you're the 500th person to be wrong in assuming that those sites have any information other than chucking a dart at a calendar.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh man sorry that just got me going. and yes a lot LOT of people have posted those dates.
"how do you manage to keep your ship so dirty pilot." X3 mission quote for TP.

inscrutable
x3

Post by inscrutable » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 09:06

Yes, I would say that the 21st October is a possible release date. But then, so is the 22nd... and the 23rd...

... and the 1st November... and the 2nd...

... and the 25th December...

I think you can see where I'm going here! As far as I can see, without news from the publisher, ANY date is a possible release date.

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 09:55

CAN we please HAve one STICKY Topic about this every 4 or 5th new topic that seasm to come up the the moment is a release date topic. Could a moderator just merg all the topics into one big sticky thread. Something that will curb these repeasted topics (Moderators by now MUST be getting sick of having to lock topics by now!)

message with something stating no comfirmed release date yet see here for any news blah blah please post all release date questions or info you like to share here

Just a thought! :idea:
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

JohnnyR
x3

Post by JohnnyR » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 10:50

Why is everyone always saying that we won't know until the publisher sets a date?

IT SAYS ON THIER SITE RELEASED OCTOBER 21ST

Does it get any more clear then that?

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Wed, 12. Oct 05, 11:21

Publisher date means BUBKISS :P its Egosoft that sets the date not the publisher!

Egosoft will realease X³ when it is ready and not befor The date being spread around here are the pubisher's wish dates! Not the confirmed date that Egosoft Rep will

!!!!!POST IN AN ANOUNCMENT ON THIS FORUM/WEBSITE FOR ALL TO SEE!!!!!!

Then and only then will we know not befor.

END OF STORY!
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”