|Edited: 01/08/10 02:30
- Go to the Downloads page and click on the patch you want to download. It doesn't matter where you save the downloaded file, as long as you remember where you put it (!) - so make sure you actually check the file dialog when you are asked for the location.
- Once you've downloaded it, you need to run the patch to make it actually apply the changes to your game. You can do this either by choosing the appropriate option at the end of the download process, or you can find the file in Windows Explorer and double-click on it.
Note: If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you will most likely need to run the patch as Administrator.
- During patch installation you will be asked to specify where you want to install it. You need to make sure you give it the correct game folder location, especially if you have created a second installation of the game for scripting. The installer will sometimes show the correct folder path when you run it, but not always so make sure you check it!
- Once you click on OK the installation process will start. You will probably be asked whether you want to replace certain files. Always say "Yes" or "Yes to All" to this otherwise the patch will not be installed correctly. Not being asked whether you want to overwrite files is an almost certain sign that you got the path for the game folder wrong.
- When the patch installation is finished, start the game and check the version in the top right corner of the first screen that appears. The version number should match the one you have just installed. If it doesn't then something went wrong and you should try installing again, checking the installation path very carefully.