|Edited: 09/10/04 19:09
1) Right click on the x.exe/x-tension.exe or its shortcut and select Properties.
2) On the properties window, there should be a tab at the top called "Compatibility" as well as a few more. Click on it.
3) Where it says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" tick it.
4) In the dropdown box, select "Windows 98/ Windows Me".
5) Apply these changes and run X - BTF / X-TENSION.
If you don't use Windows Xp (or Win2000 with Application compatibility upgrade installed) you could try the following.
Some systems seem to have problems with keyboard input when the game is running at its default settings.
A way to avoid this problem is to start the game with the commandline option "-lowpri".
This setting sets the task priority of the game to below normal.