Easy capture method!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dizzlestix
x2

Easy capture method!!!

Post by Dizzlestix » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 17:01

I had very high success with capture rate ever since I armed my Nova with dual Ion. Using fighter drones as damage source (since no pilot will leave ship without hull damage and shield completely down). What I do is release 3-4 drones for M5, 7-8 for M4 and 10-12 for M3s then just follow the ship around, zap them to keep their shield down and let the drones do minimal damage. I've captured ships with 88% hull using this method. Good thing about this is the drones won't overkill your captured ship, they'll automatically stop when the pilot bail :) .

badtz

Post by badtz » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 17:27

I find ion disrupter + alpha pac to work pretty well. In the long run probably cheaper than your method (though that must be fun to watch!) I just disable shields as quickly as possibly, then remove the ion disrupter from the gun loadout. then kinda pick at the ship till they decide to jump ship. This works pretty well, and I've captured *lots* of ships thi way with minimal damage (I made enough to get a nemisis in pretty short order, as the ships werent so beat up that they got blown up on the way to a shipyard).

The one bad thing about the ID's, they "bounce" between ships which is great when you are fighting the khaak, not so great when going after a lone bad guy near a gate and piss off everyone else within spitting distance. The psg's are even worse for this with thier area effect. So I find myself changing my gun loadout often according to the situation. But I also really like getting pirates/xenon to hop out of thier ships =) 20 or so good condition orinocos = bling bling.

Kamenjar
x3tc

Post by Kamenjar » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:26

I also found PSG to work great on wings of pirates. I just blast the chenter ship until I hear that someone is bailing. Almost always scored 1 from the group, but never orinoco. Gonna try the drones trick.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:30

To my utter and complete astonishment, I found the Gamma PSG works wonders in the Xenon sectors. You do have to time it just right, though. I blew up half of my newly aquired "profitsss". :wink:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:58

badtz wrote:I capture just like LV.
Last edited by LV on Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Dizzlestix
x2

Post by Dizzlestix » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:58

I've been using different types of guns + Ion combo for capturing alot, and most of the time I tend to overkill (which results in damaged ships :D ). Gun + Ion is not too great for capturing M5s or anything that travels above 250km/s, they're almost impossible to hit.......... and I was doing that prior to the patch, so framerate was a big issue. Hence the fighter drones =P. Not too expensive if you reuse the drones, they stay with you until they're destroyed or you pick them up.

Oh, and I don't even bother using the PSGeez (when I can set my Nemesis in President's End, turn on SETA and come back half an hour later with increased rank and still alive, there's something really wrong there), it really takes the fun out of the game. Ion is a bit powerful, but it won't destroy fleets of ships.
Last edited by Dizzlestix on Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:00

M2 ship + ion disrupter (1 per allowed turrent bank) = evil...

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:02

Dizzlestix wrote:...
You may want to add this to the WetWarev7's Tips & Tricks thread at the top of this forum. Good information.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 20:19

Added....... :D
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

badtz

Post by badtz » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 01:26

EHEh. pretty much a variation of what worked with Xt, equip one strong and one weak gun, then aim precisely after shields were gone. I dont think I ever had more than 1 station in Xt either, just as a base for all my captured ships to go to while deciding what to do with them. The Xenon ships arent as neat this time around though, Im a little dissapointed =(

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”