Affects Version/s: 1.0
Fix Version/s: None
You landed on this page because the game detected a runtime crash.
The issue occurred because the Lua engine failed to be initialized.
We are currently investigating the circumstances this issue can be triggered.
To further troubleshoot the issue, please do the following:
- start the game with the additional command line parameter: /windowed /logfile log.txt
- verify that the log.txt file was created in the X4 My documents folder (same location as where savegames are stored)
- send a mail to email@example.com with the subject set to "X4-465 - exitcode 1009". In the mail please attach the following information:
- the log.txt which was created above
- a screenshot of the popup which shows the exitcode
- state when the issue occurs for you (in other words: whether you experience this as a startup problem where the game doesn't start at all or whether it crashes in game)
We will then get back to you with further steps to track down the cause of the issue.
While the issue always did exist, it surfaced differently in older versions of the game.
As of 3.20 Beta 2 Hotfix 1 effected users are redirected to this troubleshooting page.
Before that, different effects could be observed including:
- game crashed and didn't redirect to a troubleshooting page
- game crashed and players were incorrectly directed to X4-2
- game crashed and players were directed to
In 3.30 Hotfix 1 Beta 1 the main cause triggering the problem in previous versions was resolved.