Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
You landed on this page because the game detected an error to start the game.
The problem occurred, because the game failed to initialize a Vulkan surface, used for rendering. This can happen in case of an "unusual setup". First create a dxdiag/vulkaninfo. This wiki entry explains how to create this information.
Look for the current mode and native mode in the dxdiag. Typically current should not exceed native.
If you have an Immersive Display Pro setup (using multiple Projectors to have a 160 degree curved projection screen) you will end up in the situation where current exceeds native. If Immersive is not running, X4 will start normally.
As a workaround for this specific case:
- run X4 and in the graphics settings change to “borderless window” mode.
- Disable the option “start with windows” in “Immersive Display Pro”.
- Start X4, wait for the start menu.
- ALT-Tab to desktop, and start “Immersive Display Pro”.
- Go back with ALT-Tab to X4.
If you still happen to run into this problem, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: "X4-603 - Exitcode 210") with a screenshot of the popup error you got and your dxdiag and vulkaninfo attached.