Affects Version/s: 3.50 - Beta 1
Fix Version/s: None
You landed on this page because the game detected an error to start the game.
The issue occurs, if DirectX fails to be initialized with the graphic settings the game requests.
This can be caused by a multitude of reasons. Following is a list to help you troubleshoot the issue. Check one step after another and try restarting the game after each step. If none of the steps listed below solved your problem, feel free to contact us with the details described at the end.
- Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date.
- Reset the config file to its defaults (see this wiki entry for a description on how to do this).
- Use a special "safe"-configuration file (see this wiki entry for a description on how to do this).
- Make sure you are not trying to start the game from a virtual machine and/or a remote desktop connection (both are unsupported by the game).
If these steps didn't solve the issue and you can't start the game at all (i.e. you always run into the exitcode 15 issue), please send a mail to email@example.com (Subject: XRUIMOD-285 - exitcode 15) with the following attached information:
- the version of the game you started (i.e. whether you ran a beta version or not)
- describe whether the issue is persistent (i.e. whether it occurs whenever you start the game or whether it just happens occasionally)
- state whether you tried starting the game with both (the default configuration and the "safe" configuration)
- the dxdiag (see this wiki entry for a description on how to get the dxdiag)