You landed on this page because the game crashed.
The crash occurs in a 3rd-party device driver (ezfrd64.dll). To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers installed. ezfrd64.dll is usually related to some joystick or gamepad device. If you have such a device connected to the your computer, check the vendor's webpage to see if it provides updated drivers (see the list below of known vendors making use of the ezfrd64.dll).
Also make sure to use the vendor's drivers and not another customized 3rd party driver.
- If updating drivers didn't solve the issue, you should disconnect all gamepad/joystick devices and try to start the game. If the crash doesn't occur in this case anymore, attach the gamepad/joystick again to the machine (in case you have multiple gamepads/joystick only connect a single one). Try to restart the game. If it still crashes, you confirmed that there's an issue with the device and/or its device driver.
In some cases it might help to connect the device to a different port (i.e. different USB port) and/or to cleanly reinstall the device drivers.
If the crash doesn't occur anymore and you have multiple gamepads/joysticks, repeat the step connecting the next gamepad/joystick. Repeat this, until you have all devices connected again.
- If the previous steps didn't solve the issue, you can contact the vendor of your device and ask for support pointing out that running the game triggers a crash in the device driver. As proof of the defect you can attach the crashdump the game created in the game's run folder with the file extension saying ".dmp".
Following is a list of devices which were reported to us causing crashes in ezfrd64.dll. If your device is in this list, try to update the device driver to the listed one (or a later, if available). If your device is not in the list, we'd appreciate receiving a mail with the details described below so we can add it to this list here.
If none of the steps described above solved the issue (or if you run into this problem with a device not listed here), feel free to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: XRUIMOD-289 - ezfrd64.dll crash) to ask for further support. Please attach the following information to your mail:
- the version of the game you started (X Rebirth, X Rebirth VR Edition, version number)
- describe when the issue occurs (f.e. when starting the game)
- provide a list of all gamepads/joysticks attached to your system and state whether the crash still occurs with all of the gamepads/joysticks physically detached from your machine (if you followed the steps above and were able to identify the problematic device, please list that one explicitly)
- the dxdiag (see this wiki entry for a description on how to get the dxdiag)
- the crashdump the game created in your game folder