Updated for version 5.10
Equipment is what ships and stations use to improve combat capabilities, functionality and defence. Equipment includes consumables, crew, engines, shields, software, thrusters, turrets and weapons.
- Consumables are once off use wares launched by missiles and turrets or manually deployed at a point to perform a specific function.
- Crew pilot, maintain and defend ships and stations or can be used to take over other ships and stations.
- Engines determine the speed and acceleration of a ship.
- Shields create an extra regenerating layer of defence against hull damage for both ships and stations.
- Software adds extra functions and capabilities to a ship making piloting and ordering it around easier.
- Thrusters determine how quickly a ship rotates around the axes.
- Weapons are fired by the main battery of ships to deal damage to targets.
- Turrets are used by ships and stations to autonomously fire at targets, or in the case of tugs, towing wreckage.