- Loads the latest save to continue playing from where the player left off
- Start a new playthrough by choosing from one of many possible starting scenarios
- Additional starting scenarios are unlocked by completing certain milestones in a previous playthrough
- Opens a menu to load the selected save file. Useful for alternating between different playthroughs
- Official and third party extensions and modifications to the game. Official Egosoft DLC content will be listed under Extensions after purchase. Third party items are written by other players; these may or may not be updated as new game versions are released and may or may not affect save games in a negative way. Use at your own risk! These third party modifications are always free are usually distributed via the Steam Workshop or Nexus Mods site. Discussion on these mods is traditionally done via the Steam Workshop comments and the official Egosoft forums.
- Optimise the visual quality of the game for your hardware
- Adjust the ratio of dialog, music and sound effect volumes for the ideal gaming experience
- Allows the toggling of automatic game features like autosaving, auto roll, collision avoidance, aim assist and others.
- Configure the game controls for your input devices so that they are the most convenient
- Toggles how much information (if any) is sent to the Egosoft development team if the game crashes on your computer. Information gathered is used to try and prevent such crashes occurring in future patches. (???could someone confirm this is correct)
- View all the people involved in the making of X4: Foundations
Exit To Desktop
- Quits the game