- (IMPROVEMENT) Prior to 3.10 Beta 1 a certain type of UI initialization related startup issues issue was reported by the game as a runtime crash. As of 3.10 Beta 1 these issues are now properly checked at game start time and affected players are redirected to a more specific troubleshooting page to help them resolve the problem. (see
JIRA server Egosoft JIRA serverId 9d4eeb41-d1c2-3d89-8ea6-0964f358c464 key X4-297
- (BUGFIX) Using mods, the game reported an error related to the provided content.xml file failing to read the corresponding .sig-file. This has been resolved now and such errors for content.xml files will no longer be reported.
- (IMPROVEMENT) Crash report handling for memory system related crashes was improved. Previously these crashes weren't identified correctly and had a chance of triggering a later crash instead. Depending on the particular scenario, it could have been quite time consuming to identify the underlying cause for these crashes. As of 3.20 Beta 2 we now better handle these crashes which help us to resolve the remaining ones in a future version and also set up more accurate troubleshooting pages for affected players.
- (IMPROVEMENT) Failures to bring up the start menu were previously not reported. Instead, the game ended up just showing the background scene without any menu showing up. This was changed and instead the game reports such errors now to the user with troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem with his game installation.
Developer notes for changes in 3.20 (Beta 2 Hotfix 1)
- (IMPROVEMENT) Previously certain types of game crashes always redirected to a generic troubleshooting page (
). As of 3.20 Beta 2 Hotfix 1, each type of crash is now redirected to its own separate (more specific) troubleshooting page. This ensures that crashes not related to the graphics engine are not (incorrectly) suggesting that running graphics engine related troubleshooting steps would resolve this particular problem.
JIRA server Egosoft JIRA serverId 9d4eeb41-d1c2-3d89-8ea6-0964f358c464 key X4-2
- (BUGFIX) When certain types of crashes occur, the game did not report these and didn't open the corresponding troubleshooting page, if the game was running in fullscreen.