Pilots who venture out to explore the systems that make up the galaxy usually find their efforts well rewarded. Aside from the satisfaction of the discovery itself, there is the opportunity to earn more tangible rewards. Discovery Points are granted for activities such as: visiting new systems, scanning asteroids, and using the Low Frequency Locator to discover Remote Systems Locations, floating crates or derelict ships. The rarer the findings, the more points are granted.
Accumulated Discovery Points are shown in the Pilot Information Screen. Once sufficient points have been earned, they can be traded in at the Explorers Guild for valuable rewards.
- Crates created by Explorers Guild 5000
- Claiming ships created by Explorers Guild 5000
- Visiting each sector once 2000
- Asteroids, 1200000 points randomly distributed between asteroids. Acquired by manually scanning them. 1000-3000 per asteroid
- Unlocking items in encyclopaedia, wares, shiptypes, station types. Max. 5000
- A random sector every few hours gets points when player visits them (maximum of 5 at a time). 2000
- Finding a Lost Journal Pages 20000
- Building TOA 500000
- Discovering a HSAP 2000
- Activating HSAP 2000