On this page I will describe how to replace a vanilla menu with your own. For example I will change the traderestrictionsmenu
At first you should create the following things in your mod folder:
- A Folder which is named ui
Now copy the traderestrictions.lua in your folder ui and rename it. For example in my case I named it FC_traderestrictions.lua.
Now we begin with the modding. We create the ui.xml and the ego_detailmonitor.xml
The following code is for the ui.xml:
- environment type="detailmonitor" = That's the environment/type of monitor you are working with.
- file name="ui/FC_menu_traderestrictions/FC_menu_traderestrictions.lua" = Thats the path of your lua file
- dependency name="ego_detailmonitorHelper"= Thats the line for the depency. In my example i use the DetailmonitorHelper
- addon name="FC_Traderestriction" = This specifies the name of the addon.
The following code is for the detailmonitorHelper.xml:
The following Codelines are to delete the old menu:
After deleting the old menu you can add your own code after that. For examples please write a PN to me FindolCaleb at the Egosoft Forum ( because the maincode is too long for this page)