- Egosoft shop
- Check around on these sites as it is possible that discounts and/or bundles could be available from time-to-time.
"Home of Light is the second expansion for X Rebirth, with new regions to explore and challenges to overcome. Along with the 4.0 update, the experience reaches a whole new level where the opportunities to TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, and THINK have never been bigger.
- A Larger Universe: Set a course through the Jump Gates to three whole new systems.
- Home of Light: The fabled system, complete with a massive economy to profit from.
- Toride: The universe has never been as hostile, nor had so much to explore, as in the Toride system. Be aware and be warned!
- Cold Star: A source of resources in massive quantities, combined with dangerous regions and other secrets.
- Build Warehouse Stations: Construct specialised warehouse stations to stock up on large amounts of any wares. Set it up as your own trading station or use it as a storage depot. Take control of the market!
- New game starts: Jump straight into trading with two capable freighters in the middle of the rich Home of Light system or take on the role of Verge Explorer, with a well-equipped ship and a versatile crew.
- New missions: Experience new missions to be found in the new systems, putting you right in the thick of the action and taking advantage of the new X Rebirth 4.0 Bulletin Board System.
- More Challenging Enemies: The ever-threatening Xenon are even stronger than before, and you may also encounter an old and forgotten enemy.
Take on the X Universe with new weapons and missiles, and hunt around for new hidden treasures in X Rebirth's biggest expansion yet!"
Unique aspects of this DLC
- General map additions: 3 new solar systems with differing graphical atmospheres and layouts.
- A new warehouse trading station.
- The return of a hostile race in isolated space and an additional pirate faction*.
- Two friendly factions with which to interact (Terracorp and Toride Colonists).
- A new player ship missile.
- A new form of anomaly in one of the systems.
- New missions:
* The pirate faction uses base game assets.