When the player steps out into the vast reaches of space in only a Spacesuit they are comparatively slow and vulnerable but are able to perform actions that no ship could. Use the Spacesuit to patch up damage from combat, sabotage competitors or gain intelligence. To help you get around, you will be sitting in an EVA chair equipped with thrusters.
Tools and Weapons
The Spacesuit may be equipped with a variety of tools. They are sold by Item Traders on each station, and they are selected between like ship weapons (Hotkeys 1-4).
- Repair Laser (available on all spacesuits):
- A tool used for repairing hull damage for free at up to 25m range.
- Hand Laser:
- A weak beam weapon used for shooting locks and surface components.
- Bomb Launcher:
- Launches magnetic explosive and surface element-disrupting EMP bombs. Projectiles are consumable and need to be crafted. Spacesuit Bombs are remotely detonated by selecting the attached bomb and selecting the Detonate order by right clicking to deal heavy damage in an area around the bomb which can harm the player if used at close range. The impact point of the Spacesuit EMP also creates several small data leaks which can be scanned
- Spacesuit Scanner:
- The Spacesuit scanner is capable of performing the deepest scans of ships and station modules to gain full information of the scanned object. Scanning a Data Leak with the Spacesuit Scanner also has a higher chance to obtain Blueprints, and level 2 Data Leaks can only be scanned this way.
Getting Back To The Ship
- You can pilot your Spacesuit back into your ships by requesting docking permission, which opens the hatch you can manoeuver into. Entering the hatch will move the player to the Transporter Room of the ship.
The Spacesuit has a finite amount of oxygen supply. After 25 minutes, it will become harder to breath as indicated by changing breathing sounds. If the player has not returned to a ship, or teleported to a station, within 30 minutes of going for an EVA they will die.