|Edited: 17/10/11 15:38
The Uplink facility lets you upload statistics from your game so they can be viewed on the website and in your forum profile. Uploaded statistics also determine the medals displayed in your forum posts.
Game statistics can be exported from X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion, and X3: Terran Conflict.
First of all, you need to export the statistics from your game:
- In X3: Terran Conflict, use 'Export Statistics' in the in the Sidebar | Personal | Advanced menu.
This will create a PlayerStats.pck in your Documents\Egosoft\X3TC folder.
- In X3: Reunion, use 'Save Stats' in the options menu (shift+O).
This will create a PlayerStats.pck in your Documents\Egosoft\X3 folder.
- In X2: The Threat, use 'Export Game Statistics' in the options menu (shift+O).
This will create a PlayerStats.pck in your game folder.
Note: The PlayerStats.pck file is a compressed XML file, so if you want to look at the actual data then you can decompress it with a program like 7zip (and then rename it to .xml, if necessary) - although it may not be very informative unless you're familiar with the internal game values for objects!
Once the file is created you can upload it by using the appropriate page on the website:
- You can view summaries and player rankings for all uploaded statistics from the following pages:
The various filters in the drop-down lists allow you to see more detailed information in each area.
- Your personal statistics for each game can be viewed in your forum profile.
- You may also see some medals displayed in your forum posts, indicating that you've uploaded statistics, and (possibly!) that you're in the top 100 or top 3 in a ranking.
Note: Statistics for modified games are not shown in player rankings or forum profiles, and don't provide ranking medals.
Some further information on rankings and statistics can be found in this forum thread.