Finding certains ships

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

RasecOluap

Finding certains ships

Post by RasecOluap » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:22

When i opened the hub there was a flock of hyperion vanguards entering the sector but i had no tech to cap one.. Now that i do i cant seem to find any and the diplomacy to buy special ships doesnt seem to include it. How can i find one? is there a script like the "teladi information center" available?
Ive placed satelites in all paranid sectors but nothing so far.

Tks

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Finding certains ships

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:30

RasecOluap wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:22
is there a script like the "teladi information center" available?
I don't think there is any automated vanilla method to find a specific ship.

There is a cheat script which can find anything in the game. But, using it will mark your game as modified and disable achievements.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 03:39

I've seen tons in the strip of sectors: Preacher's Refuge, Trinity Sanctum and Emperor's Wisdom. I just checked in v1.2 to make sure nothing was changed and and found one in Emp.Wis.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 03:43

If you want to use rogueys script and keep your achievements and unmodified game.

Save your game, activate the script menu, it will make your game modified. Use the script, write down where is the ship you want (or screenshot the results) but do not save. Reload previous game you are back to unmodified.

In 1.2 rare ship spawns are happening more often, however many ships just start "being inactive" after sometime so they might all be sitting in the same sector, resulting in having troubles to actually get those ships. I have 2 hyperions sleeping in the hub in my game for example, and this will save you some time. But it's quite tedious to use and avoid modified game, so i guess you won't abuse it.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 22:41

RasecOluap wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:22
When i opened the hub there was a flock of hyperion vanguards entering the sector but i had no tech to cap one..
Not much use to you now, but in future you could open the HUD monitor(s) on potential target(s) to track their location for future opportunities..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 23:13

Midnightknight wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 03:43
If you want to use rogueys script and keep your achievements and unmodified game.
I just want to add that I did not write that script, its was created by Tanmoy. I merely host it on my site to help people.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 10:44

Roguey wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 23:13
Midnightknight wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 03:43
I just want to add that I did not write that script, its was created by Tanmoy. I merely host it on my site to help people.
The links to the TC and AP version dont work for me
All religions are all nonsense

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 10:52

Chull wrote:
Sat, 3. Jul 21, 10:44
The links to the TC and AP version dont work for me
Are you using Google Chrome? If so, it blocks them.

To solve:

Right click the download link, select "save link as" and choose the appropriate directory. After doing that, it will pop up a message on the downloads bar stating "this file cannot be downloaded securely" with a "Discard" button. If you click "Discard", it will cancel the download. Click the arrow and choose "Keep" instead, and it will download it properly.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”