X² Ongoing development - UPDATE 11 December

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Drakus3

Post by Drakus3 » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 17:11

Not really..As it's anon..so many other people probably downloaded the game so why does he have to be banned when admitting it when other people who don't admit get to walk away free? But you can't stop a mods urge to ban someone..lol..>:S

Pizoi

Post by Pizoi » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 17:52

Lyrael wrote:WTF yes it probably does. Doesnt matter if you already bought the game you still downloaded an illiagle copy of it over the web. :P
Actually, by paying for the game he in turn baught a license to have a "backup" copy of the game. What he did isn't exactly illegal, though the way he came on the boards ranting like he did like anyone would actually care is pretty pathetic.

In regards to the babbling idiot, you really think Egosoft is going to allow their game to remain in it's current state? Remember for a minute the kind of reputation they carry, especially in ways of customer support.

You got your damned money back, so go away like a good little boy and buy some candy with it now.

Ben_Kneel
x2

Re: niiiiice

Post by Ben_Kneel » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 19:20

wtf wrote:as I explained in the post that got me banned in the first place (and no doubt, will get this account banned also), I downloaded the "other" version" as a temporary measure.

I shall explain again, SLOWLY for the hard of thinking
Maybe you need some explanation, given your slow moral standards compared to honest society.

If you order a car from a dealership, are you allowed to steal a car in the meantime, as a "temporary mesaure"? Why do you think stealing software is any different than stealing physical objects? Is it because it is easy, or because you think that somehow time, materials, and production costs go in to a car but not in to software?

Do you feel that you are owed a demostration? No one is telling you that you are required to purchase the software, it is not required to sustain life. This means that you are considering purchasing (since you have not actually purchased) the software as a pure entertainment item.

Do you think that all of these software hackers crack games just for the purpose of providing temporary demonstrations? Not even close, and everytime someone downloads or otherwise uses their services, that just encourages them to crack more games and provide less money to the hard-working developers that created the application.

How would you like it, if your employer came up to you and said, "I'm sorry, but because of piracy, we're going to have to cut your paycheck in half, as not all of the people using our service/products are paying for it, and thus we are not making our expected profits."???

If you do not like the policy of not having an interactive demo, then either look at software companies that do have useful demos, or spend your time doing some nice volunteer work.

Vote with your pocket book, not illegal activities. :(

Oh, and if you think that it is okay to temporarily steal non-physical objects, would it be alright if i altered the numbers stored in your bank account? I promise one day i'll give the non-physical numbers back...
Ben Kneel

Thrawniejoe
x3

Post by Thrawniejoe » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 19:49

Actually the sick part about Warez Groups and Software ripping..

is that software companies benifit from it.
Its how alot of games get noticed, I can bet good money a portion of this community orginally Had a Warez copy of one of the X games.

they liked the game and went out and bought it and stayed with it so far to this point.

neuron
x2

Re: niiiiice

Post by neuron » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 19:57

Ben_Kneel wrote:If you order a car from a dealership, are you allowed to steal a car in the meantime, as a "temporary mesaure"? Why do you think stealing software is any different than stealing physical objects? Is it because it is easy, or because you think that somehow time, materials, and production costs go in to a car but not in to software?
just thought I'd mention that that is a horrible example... yes.. you are allowed to test the car before purchase.

Lyrael
x3

Post by Lyrael » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 20:19

Pizoi wrote:
Lyrael wrote:WTF yes it probably does. Doesnt matter if you already bought the game you still downloaded an illiagle copy of it over the web. :P
Actually, by paying for the game he in turn baught a license to have a "backup" copy of the game. What he did isn't exactly illegal, though the way he came on the boards ranting like he did like anyone would actually care is pretty pathetic.
Yes, but he didnt pay for it since he canceled the order :P

"Not really..As it's anon..so many other people probably downloaded the game so why does he have to be banned when admitting it when other people who don't admit get to walk away free? But you can't stop a mods urge to ban someone..lol..>:S"

Because they didnt admitt to it :P then the ego moderators wont know that they have a illiagle copy of it :D

But like i said before, many people try to explain there actions by blaiming it on that the games are so expensive, but thats not really truth i think that most people would still download the game even if they gave it away almost for free. Here in Sweden the game costed me about 45 USD i dont really know how much it cost anywhere else but its not that expensive.

krijtgat

Post by krijtgat » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 20:37

Lyrael wrote:
Pizoi wrote:
Lyrael wrote:
But like i said before, many people try to explain there actions by blaiming it on that the games are so expensive, but thats not really truth i think that most people would still download the game even if they gave it away almost for free.
that is not true: maybe i download lots of games but i also buy some, i just cant stand if i spent 50€ on a game i dont play it anymore next week. And btw IF i could buy this game and IF there was a patch i would really bought it (after downloading+testing). If the prices will go down i can buy more games not only the best of the best.

And to developers: please use dvd i hate having 2cd's/game
and dvd is better against piracy
Last edited by krijtgat on Tue, 16. Dec 03, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 20:38

45 USD very roughly works out to £35 which is the average game price in the UK excluding discounts Game and over companies often automatically include for some popular games.

Giskard

el scorchio

Post by el scorchio » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 21:13

I am honestly dumbfounded by some of the posts in this and other threads regarding pirate versions of X2. It absolutely beggars belief that people would actually come into a game site official forum and tell the world that they have downloaded a "pirate" version of the game. From the halfwit who pretended to be a paranoid android to the muppet that informed us all that he cancelled his order (which supposedly makes it alright now for him to have a bootleg copy of the game).
A word of advice for all of you: Most boards have ip logging and i doubt this one will be the exception, so no matter if you use a "hotmail" email addy or whatever you use, your ip is most liikely logged, along side a nice forum post that proclaims your "superiority" in getting a warezed game. I have never come accross a bigger bunch of idiots in all my ten years on the net, honestly!!!

Anyway back to the topic, I am still waiting for my copy to come accross the sea as my stupid cousin forgot to post it last week.. it is somewhere over the atlantic as I speak. When I do recieve my copy is only when I should be given any rights to proper technical support and other sections of this forum. The bottom line is "you get what you pay for" and if you haven't paid for it then you should not be getting it.
There is enough information in this forum alone for people to make the decision to actually buy the game or not depending on how the game stands at the moment, so there is no real need for us to get access to privilidged forums, as by the time we buy the game and get access then the game will be patched and very stable...

P.S. my first post here, hello folks :D
Mooooooooo

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 21:29

el scorchio have a :star: and a :thumb_up:
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Lyrael
x3

Post by Lyrael » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 22:00

Hehe it is pretty stupid to admit to have downloaded the game on its official forum :P Games should be bought, and if your to lacy to buy it, then do something else :D

anthonye
x2

Post by anthonye » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 22:33

el scorchio wrote: When I do recieve my copy is only when I should be given any rights to proper technical support and other sections of this forum. The bottom line is "you get what you pay for" and if you haven't paid for it then you should not be getting it.
There is enough information in this forum alone for people to make the decision to actually buy the game or not depending on how the game stands at the moment, so there is no real need for us to get access to privilidged forums, as by the time we buy the game and get access then the game will be patched and very stable...

P.S. my first post here, hello folks :D
You won't get anything different over there, same old dribble.

SHADOWKAT
x3

Post by SHADOWKAT » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 23:10

Talking of DUMB

I honestly think that however choose to post the latest PATCH NEWS in the Tech Forum is doing this game no favours!!!!

I am sure that this kind of action cannot be helping to pull in NEW gamers

certainly i know if i had read some of the Bad press about the state of this game, on this forum and several others. I would not consider touching this game until a patch was released, unless i was devoted elite fan.

And whilst on the topic.
I am fairly certain that the Programmers of Game made it with intention netting as many gamers as possible old and NEW.

I really cannot see a problem with letting everyone know what is happening i.e just post a ****ing quote
Its not like any one is asking for a lnk to a PATCH.
But i suspect everyone would like to kept upto date as to its progress etc.
which formley did not seem to be a problem.

i am not saying there seems be some very negative elitist attitudes on this Forum.
(oops i have said it)

As i have mentioned before:-

A. I am from England
B. I have had to import this game (or rather my girlfriend has(mmm.XMAS) at extra cost, and i am talking UK cost which seems to damn site more anywhere else in the world, but that is another subject)
C. I dont get to play to Xmas :( (and i sure you can all ready imagine the comments i am going to get on the day..."you dont really intend to play that all day do you?".

therefore I have a very valid reason for wishing to know the state of the Patch & its Release date.

anyway for anyone who has not got access to TECH Forum

please go here for news

http://x2.pinjack.com/

el scorchio

Post by el scorchio » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 23:24

shadowkat I might be mistaken here but the "quote" that you speak of seems to be the post that started this thread. As for restriceted access to the tech forums, maybe it has something to do with the game developers pulling their resources, those resources being people who can actively engage the "buyers" of this game and then prioritise and listen to the issues that come from those who have actually done so.
As for you getting the game at xmas, then I can honeslty say that there should be a patch out for the game by then (if not, having access to the tech forums won't make the least bit of difference anyway)..
Mooooooooo

x4

Post by 2501 » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 23:26

For those who dont currently own the game please stop complaining about not being able to access the tech support forum for patch details.... If you have read any of this forum you would well know that game owners and indeed egosoft itself are more than happy to answer questions about how the patch performs etc... but please keep in mind THE PATCH AINT EVEN OUT YET!!! :evil:

Once the patch is out and game owners try it you can safely say they will comment on weather the patch is any good, lots good, or pretty poor.
:P

SHADOWKAT
x3

Post by SHADOWKAT » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 23:47

Eagle wrote: 
The release date (and other) details of the patch are now in the Tech Support forum...now ppl will have to register their legal copies won't they!

Heheh, PWNED! :twisted:
erm I believe this forums patch news was last updated on 11th

And if anyone who is intrested in the patch and is not registered, inquires, does not automatically make them a, i quote "WAREZ MONKEY"

In fact can a MOD please clean this thread of all off topic Warez stuff please..

el scorchio

Post by el scorchio » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 00:08

And if anyone who is intrested in the patch and is not registered, inquires, does not automatically make them a, i quote "WAREZ MONKEY"
Very true shadow, I still do not have my copy of the game, yet I am interested in the performance etc etc. As for "Mr Eagle" the 'so called' word of "pwned" must have been generated by some half wit that could not use a keyboard properly and thus pressed a p instead of an O, to which point all his mates decided that he was too "god like" and must have meant it.
That one word quote signifies to me this: A very ignorant teenager who, in himself has has no confidence in discussion or argument and has to rely on very cheap "buzz words" in order to get his argument accross.
Some of us have good reason to be a litttle concerned regarding the state of the game, however it does not make us "warez monkeys"..

However I believe that "You won't get anything different over there, same old dribble." (by anthonye) in same thread,will not lead to a magnitude of information by us being registered users..
Mooooooooo

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 07:58

Now unstickied due to the great news .

:)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

servii

Post by servii » Sat, 20. Dec 03, 17:21

Just bought new motherboard-don’t know the name J and Nvidia 5700 Ultra. With my old system-Radeon 8500 Pro and another board (4X) my average fps was 25-35(1024x768x32, all off, under Win XP Professional, play as “Benchmark”). With the new system and same spec. FPS is 76-80!!!
The Fear has many faces, the most noble of them is Courage.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”