X² Version 1.1 Released!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X² Version 1.1 Released!

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 01:39

X² Version 1.1 Released!

Click here for update details and here to go to your personal download page (registered X² users only).

How to register your copy? Check the FAQ

Please read the instructions that come with the patch carefully and note that Egosoft does not allow distribution of this patch, except for your own personal use.
Last edited by BurnIt! on Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 01:40

I knew that. :roll:
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

MrFlump

Post by MrFlump » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 01:42

Glad to see progress being made fixing loads of the bugs... just waiting for the UK release now :P

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 01:58

:)

Please read through existing threads to avoid posting repetitious information. ;) With the game just out we need to reduce the amount of repeated info and questions :P

Mods, can we get a lock on this :P

PS. Thanks BurnIt :)

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 02:49

The server requested a login authentication method that is not supported
:roll: Do you have something against Opera? :P

Edit: OK it's me you don't like. :(
I'll come back later

TF_Spitfire
x2

Post by TF_Spitfire » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 02:56

The link does NOT work!!!

GoateeCat
x2

Post by GoateeCat » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 03:05

TF_Spitfire wrote:The link does NOT work!!!
Keep in mind, the Ego server(s) are probably getting hammered at the moment. Just keep trying... no, wait a bit then try, in order not to hammer the server ;)

Eclipse671
x2

Post by Eclipse671 » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 03:11

Works for me...

Torracat
x3

Post by Torracat » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 03:18

ME FIRST!!!!!!!!
I smell something...

*Archangel*
x2

Post by *Archangel* » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 03:32

Cheers, and well done for the fast turnaround.

sai-ku
x3

Post by sai-ku » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 03:55

My god this game is smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth!

I just jumped into a certain enemy sector just to see how the game would fair... it looks better than I ever thought possable! Tonight the shadows get turned on!

MightyMidget
x2

Post by MightyMidget » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 04:49

Well i can't entireley agree as i notice no difference performance wise, but i have a 9800 pro.. it was quite playable for me before hand mind you, thing is if there were a lot of objects in system then it started to lag down to like 15 fps :(. The forcefeedback has gone to the crapper (way worse than before) it is very jerky and... the opposite of smooth ;). Could you guys put in an option to just turn off forcefeedback? I'd really love that cause i like my old forcefeedback centering. Also controls are no better than they were.. i've put my finger on it tho, its cause they're not linear, thus without VERY minor corrections you end up turning too far or too little... there seems to be no middle ground. Patch doesn't seem to have done much for me :P i'm gonna try loading up catalyst 3.6, and then 3.9 to see how they run, who knows? Maybe i'll get some better performance as fighting off 100 khaak at 10 fps ain't easy lol.

White Tiger
x2

Mighty Midget

Post by White Tiger » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 05:21

Did you turn off shadows and BM? I was only getting about 12 fps with both of those turned on. I then turned them both off, changed resolution to 800x 640, 32 and now I have 64 fps and the game is really smooth.
I am using a mouse for flight control and it works really well. I did turn the dead zone down to 5. Which helped with the mouse control some.

AMD 2400
64 meg Geforce MX440
512 ram.

Nothing great as far as my computer. But even with those things turned off, the game still looks really good.

Caesar_a

Post by Caesar_a » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 08:59

I hope the pirates will crack this path soon. So I can play too....

:lol:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 09:33

Caesar_a wrote:I hope the pirates will crack this path soon. So I can play too....
This discussion is neither desirable nor welcome (nor allowed).
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

why register
x2

Why won't this patch link work?

Post by why register » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 10:08

All I've been getting for the past hour is "Sorry, this section of our webpage is reserved for owners of X². If you have the game and a community account, please go to your profile.
If you don't have an account yet, sign up here."

I figure I have to be registered as the system accepts my logon etc etc

Caesar_a

Post by Caesar_a » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 11:24

The_Abyss wrote:
Caesar_a wrote:I hope the pirates will crack this path soon. So I can play too....
This discussion is neither desirable nor welcome (nor allowed).

Oh, sorry I forgotten to say that the game is really cool and you team done a great wark and you are the best team in the world :)

Whiplash
x3ap

Post by Whiplash » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 11:52

Well, I suppose high praise to the company is every bit as good as monetary compensation. After all, they can take your praise to the supermarket and buy food, right? :)

Nicholas Kabourakis
x3tc

Post by Nicholas Kabourakis » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 13:16

MightyMidget wrote: [snip]
The forcefeedback has gone to the crapper (way worse than before) it is very jerky and... the opposite of smooth ;).
[snip]
True! I have turned off force feedback because it seems that, even if you gradually move the joystick, it goes from no FF to full FF. ie, there is no "graduality" in the way FF kicks in.

Apart from that, i have to say GREAT WORK GUYS!!! Even my savegames are now only 23 MB instead of around 65... :)

Cheers

PS. Just for the record, my joystick is the MS FF Pro2... Is this problem noticeable to non MS FF Joystick owners?

taronas
x4

Re: Why won't this patch link work?

Post by taronas » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 13:40

why register wrote:All I've been getting for the past hour is "Sorry, this section of our webpage is reserved for owners of X². If you have the game and a community account, please go to your profile.
If you don't have an account yet, sign up here."

I figure I have to be registered as the system accepts my logon etc etc
"Why register" - perhaps the system doesn't like your nick? why not try a different one? ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”