Patch 1.2 info and more...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tornad0

Post by tornad0 » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 08:45

lemme guess, "tech support forum" only.
This forcing ppl to register is really pissing me off.
:evil: :evil:
Can we get some tips atleast :/ ?
Orr.. maybe someone could *ahem* gimme some tips :?
Hey, theres nothing wrong with that :wink:

tornad0

Post by tornad0 » Thu, 1. Jan 04, 08:49

umm.. forget that last post :lol:

:wumpus:

Post by :wumpus: » Tue, 6. Jan 04, 17:35

I stell have problems with saving games, sometimes it docks at a station, crashes to the desktop and the autosave is corrupted as well.

Hmm, maybe some kind of crash recovery for the autosave would be handy, first rename the old savegame to some other name, then write, and only when that finished/succeeds remove the old one..

zera

Multimon for ATI !

Post by zera » Fri, 9. Jan 04, 22:29

Hi! I have an ATI card too, whit multimon and it's not workin'. Please check this problem out...anyway, i hate nVIDIA.
In the system req. there is no reference "I must have an nVIDIA to play..."

The Jostick controll is terrible compared to other space simulators, it's better with mouse... :( (Logitech)

SunFire
x3tc

Post by SunFire » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 02:29

No Tick No Help for You !

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 09:09

batmanfive wrote:No Tick No Help for You !
This is NOT correct and please do not keep trying to fuel any self-made divide.

zera, if you post your system specs and exact nature of the problem, then there will be some help available.

If you register your game by entering the keycode (no personal information) into your forum profile here you will also be able to get access to the Tech support forum and registered download section where more help and features may be available.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

zera

Post by zera » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 11:01

Hi! Sorry for my bad manner, but i suspected a "perfect" game when i get it. I'm waitig for this since the "Frontier" disappeared, and thats why i am so nerveous about it.

System SPEC: above the optimum whit an ATi 9000 card, Windows XP

Note: whitout bumpmapping it's running smooth

Ah! I almos forgot! I have sound problems too, I have a CMI integrated in MSI KT4 ULTRA whit 5.1 sound sys. No voices played, only music and misc sounds(doors opening, engine, etc.).

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 11:05

zera wrote:Note: whitout bumpmapping it's running smooth

Ah! I almos forgot! I have sound problems too, I have a CMI integrated in MSI KT4 ULTRA whit 5.1 sound sys. No voices played, only music and misc sounds(doors opening, engine, etc.).
The gfx card is the wak point there - bumpmapping makes all the difference and gives life to the universe so this is a shame.

Sound? Make sure that wmfdist.exe installed with the game - if not then search on CD1 for it. Any further asssitance should really be in Tech support as this thread has been hijacked enough :wink:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

zera

Post by zera » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 12:21

Hi! Yes, it solved the sound problem. But I don't install it first time, becouse i have this component installed previously....interresting.
I ran a benchmark in 800x600 whit max graphical setting and the average FPS was 21.6 - this is playable, and acceptable for me.
I miss a detailed Graphical setting menu. For example: I can set bump map for ships, but torn off for rocks, and anithing else...but this is not realy important. Is there an *.ini file to set theese things? I like to fine tune things...

VladDracul99
x2

Post by VladDracul99 » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 00:51

:lol:
Tharn,

Nice bit of Fawlty Towers reference!!

Vlad

{EVO}-DeathByTree
x2

which patch

Post by {EVO}-DeathByTree » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 12:46

do i have to download patch 1.1 and 1.2 or does 1.2 have 1.1 included in it

Steel
x4

Re: which patch

Post by Steel » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 13:20

[EVO]-Raymond wrote:do i have to download patch 1.1 and 1.2 or does 1.2 have 1.1 included in it
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16597

For registered users.

Steel

UrsTheFirst

Cannot download Patch 1.2 despite registration, need help

Post by UrsTheFirst » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 15:15

I managed to register an download Patch 1.1
This is all way too complicated.

And now, download of patch 1.2 doesn't work. I always
get message on my profile site "serial already in use" which
cannot be.

How do I get my download?
Is there any chance getting it by mail? :evil: :(
UrsTheFirst

Robocat
x2

Re: Cannot download Patch 1.2 despite registration, need hel

Post by Robocat » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 16:03

UrsTheFirst wrote:I managed to register an download Patch 1.1
This is all way too complicated.

And now, download of patch 1.2 doesn't work. I always
get message on my profile site "serial already in use" which
cannot be.

How do I get my download?
Is there any chance getting it by mail? :evil: :(
If you registered and downloaded the first patch then use the same account to download the new patch. You should have a "ticky-disc" on the account that you registered your game under.

Finally, PM Steel or BurnIt if your problem is to do with registration not working correctly.

Cheers,

Kester

Traconian
x3

Re: Piracy

Post by Traconian » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 01:33

Regarding the fight against piracy....

Some people are traders.
Some people are fighters,
Some people are pirates....

X2: The Threat ROCKS!

I traded my money for X2 and I'll fight to keep my copy from being pirated. Does that make me a fighter or a trader?

Traconian :P

porco1
x2

Post by porco1 » Mon, 19. Jan 04, 03:21

Proboarder wrote:Piracy..

w00t?
nothing wrong about stealing stuff, hey! u don´t have to pay for it.. >_<

damit, people are stupid :(

There sure isn't anything wrong with it ... besides this is also highlighted in the X2 game. We all choose which way to play the game and it in turn affects everything around us ? ... in this case it's bootlegin games to ship to Lithuania and in the games it's smugglin in some spaceweed to Argon space ... it's life in the fast lane :D

Vespero

Post by Vespero » Tue, 20. Jan 04, 14:52

Zera wrote: "Hi! I have an ATI card too, whit multimon and it's not workin'. Please check this problem out...anyway, i hate nVIDIA.
In the system req. there is no reference "I must have an nVIDIA to play..."
Zera, please understand that many people with nVIDIA cards are experiencing difficulty. I have a P4 with over 300 megs of RAN and an nVIDIA GF 4 Ti4200, and while I can get the game to run smoothly in most sectors (except for very busy ones, like Argon Prime), as soon as there is any combat (outside of tutorials) I run into similar framerate reductions as many non-nVIDIA users, and this is after I have followed all of the advice on all of the links giving tips about performance, and with all of the options turned off and my mip-mapping turned to "best performance." If you do some browsing, you will see that there are many other nVIDIA users who are also experiencing the same thing. So, this is not a great conspiracy. It is something that I think the developers need to address. But, I think the more that people blame things on nVIDIA, the less likely the developers are going to feel the need to address performance issues on all systems.
Egosoft developers, please, we love your game, but we want to be able to enjoy it. Many of us would be willing to take hits in graphics even if it would help our framerates. Please do something to help fix this for us. And to the moderators, I would appreciate it if you could let us know if you have any sort of information on this matter. An official response, or an answer from the moderators saying what they do or do not know, would help to ease a great deal of anxiety. I thank you in advance for your response.

Vespero de Sabara
Macacos me mordem!

Althulas
x2

Post by Althulas » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 01:21

Well I've just got this fine game, benchmarked on kt6 pro ru, xp1800, 512 ram, fx5600 on xp, have only played 1/2 hour but well impressed, hopefully my system will be up for busy screen activity. Question, this forum is suppossed to be for registered users, but why have I seen post here from Luthania who admits that he's using a bootleg copy!!!! Crazy!!! Makes me mad after I've just forked out £35.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 09:06

Althulas wrote:Well I've just got this fine game, benchmarked on kt6 pro ru, xp1800, 512 ram, fx5600 on xp, have only played 1/2 hour but well impressed, hopefully my system will be up for busy screen activity. Question, this forum is suppossed to be for registered users, but why have I seen post here from Luthania who admits that he's using a bootleg copy!!!! Crazy!!! Makes me mad after I've just forked out £35.
The X-Universe forum is open to all--it's only Tech Support which is closed to non-registered users.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”