Thalon Mooks Flaggship Mod v2.0 Betas 1 Available

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Glare
x4

Thalon Mooks Flaggship Mod v2.0 Betas 1 Available

Post by Glare » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 22:16

Get the beta version of his latest mod. Go here for a look at his gallery(For those who haven't seen the ships) of what's new (and old). To get the mod itself just click the download link at the bottom of the page. Enjoy.

Oh yeah, the forum post about the mod can be found here on the German forum

Cheers
Mark

Edit: Fixed his name as requested by Thalon. Sorry about that but my dyslexia kicked in there.
Last edited by Glare on Thu, 7. Jul 05, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Thu, 7. Jul 05, 22:37

UPDATE 17.07.2005

Hi People,
Now I have finished the translation in english.

Flaggschiff-Mod V2.0 beta 4
------------------------------------

Here a list with the new things:

1. Flagship (M0)
2. Thalon Fregate (M2)
3. Argon Fregate (M2)
4. AP Gunner MKIII (M6)
5. Dragon (M6)
6. X-Trans (TS)
7. X-Cargo (TS)
8. Teladi Habicht (M3)
9. Harrier MTS (M5)
10. X-FireWP (Weaponplatform)
11. XL-FireWP (Weaponplatform)
12. ECM Rocket
13. Tornado Torpedo
14. Hurrican Torpedo
15. Grenadethrower & Grenades
16. Deliver Contract

This mod includes 9 new ships. The AP Gunner MKIII is a remake of the original AP Gunner. The Dragon has an extra frontweapon and some optical improvements.

There are also 2 new weaponplatforms (bigger lasertowers) and 3 new rockets in it. For the rockets there 3 new fabs in the universe. The rockets and torpedos you can buy in serval equipmet-docks.

The new weapon is a grenadethrower which works like the massdriver. It shoots grenades (mini-missiles) on the target. The grenades makes a huge shield and hull damage. Also they have a high livetime so the distance is about 7km to hit the target. The Grenadethrower you can use with all my new Battleships (Bigships, AP Gunner and Habicht). The weapon and the grenades you will find in the split equipmentdocks.

Also there are new Fabs they produce the weapon and the grenades.

I've integrated the Heimat-Mod from Meutelisator.

There is a new ware the WP Deliver Contract. In the TerraCorp HQ you can buy a delivery contract. With this conract a TL will positioning the weaponplatforms around your station and activate them. Place and forget.

The flagship you can't buy. When you want to get it you must make a mission (Heimat). How to start this mission you can read at the piont Heimat down in the text. (Heimat Readme)

The other ships are spread out in diferent shipyards and drydocks over the universe.

When anybody has used the frist version of the flagship-mod, you must update the flagship. I've made some improvements on the ship. To do that there ist a script (plugin.flmod.schiff.erneuern) that will do that for you.

Here you find datas, pictures and the download link:
http://tzd.serveftp.org/x2galerie.php
The link you find at the end of the galerie

Please write it here when you find some bugs or you have other problems with the mod.

Much fun Thalon
Last edited by ThalonMook on Sun, 17. Jul 05, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Fri, 8. Jul 05, 21:03

In V2.0 do I need to convert any files to use with my existing game?

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Mon, 11. Jul 05, 23:39

Hi,

you only must convert the flagship when you have used it before.

I've put a script into the mod what helps you to update the flagship.
You only must undock all ships form the flagship then running the script 'plugin.flmod.schiff.erneuern.xml' and the flagship ist updated..

OK CU Thalon

Tarcon.
x3tc

Post by Tarcon. » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 10:57

Hi Thalon,

To run the above script for updating the Flaggship, is this through activating the script editor or another way?
Boundless intemperance in nature is a tyranny; it hath been th' untimely emptying of the happy throne, and the fall of many kings.

Dragonteen
x3tc

Post by Dragonteen » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 14:13

Scine the only way to my knowledge to run a script mannuly is through the editer then I'd say yes you have to use it.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 15:50

Does anyone have the ship spec's for Flagship Mod v2.0 (for all the ships)?

Is the Flagship Mod v2.0 an update to the first Flagship Mod; meaning do I have to install the first version or can I just install v2.0??

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 17:58

Hi,

To use the updatescript you must do this with activated editor.

the new Mod you can use any way. When you haven't used the first version of the mod you can use it by updating the flagship and when you haven't used the first ver you can use it also.

CU Thalon

nnaney
x2

Post by nnaney » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 18:35

I've got a bit of a problem. I don't speak german. Could someone help me out here?

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 18:37

Good luck for you I speak german and english. How can I help you???

nnaney
x2

Post by nnaney » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 18:39

I want to download the modified dragon and the flagship. I just need to know what to click and if the text will be in german in the game.

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 18:52

Ok

when you want to use the mod you have to put the scripts in your script-folder of X2. Then you put the *.cat and *.dat files in your mods-folder. If there is no mods folder in the root of your X2, then you must create the folder and then put the 2 files in it. After have done this start X2 and click on the select mod-package", mark flagshipV2* then OK, start X2.
Now you can buy the dragon.
When you want to get the flagship you must aktivate the X2-Editor and run the script 'Heimat'. There you must make a misson to get the ship. Be carefull only start the script when you are strong enough.

Ok I hope all questions are cleared....

CU Thalon

nnaney
x2

Post by nnaney » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 18:56

I know how to install the mods and activate them but since I can't read german I need to know the word "download" so that I know what to click on to download them. And will the text and names for the ships be in german in the game? Sorry I wasn't more descriptive.

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 19:03

Hi

the word download is the same in german. We use the english word like you.

The names of the ships and weaponplatforms are in english. Only the descriptions are in german.

I will make a translation next the time.

CU Thalon

nnaney
x2

Post by nnaney » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 20:22

I've got another problem now. Since the mod is german the messages i'm getting for the missions must be in german. All i'm getting is readtext and a number. Could someone give me instructions on what to do in the mission so that I may get the ship?

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 20:36

Hi,

whitch version you use??? It must be Flaggschiff V2.0 beta 2. Please load the newest ver down. The 'Heimat' is in english.

I've made it working for the english version of X2

Give me a little bit more info's. What number is the readtext....

CU Thalon

nnaney
x2

Post by nnaney » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 20:39

I downloaded the version in the link in the first post. I'll start the game and get the readtext for you. Give me a minute.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 20:43

ThalonMook wrote:Ok

when you want to use the mod you have to put the scripts in your script-folder of X2. Then you put the *.cat and *.dat files in your mods-folder. If there is no mods folder in the root of your X2, then you must create the folder and then put the 2 files in it. After have done this start X2 and click on the select mod-package", mark flagshipV2* then OK, start X2.
Now you can buy the dragon.
When you want to get the flagship you must aktivate the X2-Editor and run the script 'Heimat'. There you must make a misson to get the ship. Be carefull only start the script when you are strong enough.

Ok I hope all questions are cleared....

CU Thalon
Hi Thalon,

1. I am currently using a mod already (that tweaks some fighter speeds); can I run multiple mods at one time?

2. Just to clarify, I don't have to start a new game using v2.0 I can just use my exisiting saved game and follow the same instructions above, right?

Thanks for your patients in helping us out, this mod looks awesome!! :wink:

nnaney
x2

Post by nnaney » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 20:44

Ok, it is ReadText490068-3

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 20:56

Ok I checked the files, it must work....
Hmm I don't know were the error is....
Give me a little time....

Look into your t-folder is there a file 440068.xml ??? When it is then copy this file to a save place and delete it from the t-folder. Try again...

When there is no file like this ..... Hmpf ???

@Valen68

No you cant use 2 mod's twice. You must merge them....
You can use my mod with your current game you don't have to start a new one....

CU Thalon

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”