X² Ongoing development - UPDATE 11 December

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The_Abyss
x3

X² Ongoing development - UPDATE 11 December

Post by The_Abyss » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 01:59

To update people who have X² and those that have pre-ordered or are waiting to buy.

We have read all the posts follwoing the successful release of X² in Aus and now in NA territories, and are listening carefully to the feedback received. Rest assured that developers DO read your feedback and are constantly looking for improvements in the tradition of the post-sale support that Egosoft offer.

More precise details will follow in the FAQ shortly (and we will let you know when they do) but for now the status of the main points so far is as follows:

Voice Not Playing - WFMDist.exe should have been installed with the X² discs - check. Codecs may not be supported for Windows version below Win 98 SE - more to follow

Save Game Size - Over-large savegames. e.g. 50MB saves...
Issues known and corrected

Joystick Sensitivity - either too or not very sensitive
Problem addressed and corrected. More options to follow

General Joystick Issue - joystick is unresponsive
As above

Crash To Desktop - for some reason, my game crashes to the desktop when I do 'something'...
The reasons for this seems to be varied. Whilst some of the issues posted seem to be due to user's systems, we have identified some in-game bugs and these have been addressed and corrected

AI - ships ram me
AI is constantly being working upon (that's AI for you - always learning :wink: ), but it takes two to ram :wink: Stay tuned

Scripting - you haven't found it yet? Support for registered users will be available shortly and you may rest assured this will bring a whole new dimension to the X universe

Corrupt save game - seems to be on certain systems only, but being reviewd and addressed - this includes save game file size

Other minor issues
Being addressed and tested

Registration for the soon upcoming updates to the above is still required (adding your code to your forum profile, with no personal information recorded - check your CD box please)

To have a look at the systems the beta testers have been using, please check here

Update 11 December 2003

The patch is now in (hopefully!) final testing. To answer questions about the size of the patch, we can't be too specific due to the different software protection used by the different publishers. However, the 'core' patch file size should be around 7 - 8mb - not to big we hope you all agree.

Other issues being addressed currently

X² economy
Being tweaked to make it worthwhile to trade other more expensive goods

Out of Sector combat
Reviewed and being addressed.

Last Update

The patch has now been released - please check here for information.
Last edited by The_Abyss on Wed, 17. Dec 03, 07:59, edited 6 times in total.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:01

Joystick Sensitivity - either too or not very sensitive
Problem addressed and corrected. More options to follow
Cool - But willt his effect the AI's turning rate? Just curious.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:05

Please keep the debate [EDIT : And :spam: ] in other threads , Just technical problems in this one that are "NOT ALREADY LISTED" in here if you want things doing quicker :)
Last edited by LV on Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:08

Technical problems...?

Drink hat....check.

Beef jerky...check.

Errands....check.

Computer...check.

Game....hmmm....not yet :wink:

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:10

See...told you they were good! :thumb_up:

Vassenego
x2

Post by Vassenego » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:12

Thanks for the info. :thumb_up:

Good to know most of the problems seems to be fixed already. :star: :star: :star:

When will the patch be released? ;)

Vassenego
"Bereitet euch darauf vor, relativistisch Absurdes zu werden ..." (Isaac)

don't click :spam:

--<= back (for good?) =>--

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:14

In Australia first, then several weeks later in the US...then Europe three months after that!!!

j/k :o :wink:

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:15

crash to destop issue :-

appears in any sector i traverse in.. so i't s just not the Ore belt unfortunately for me..lol

plus all background programs were disabled.
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:42

what about addressing the low FPS?

it's seems to be a problem for more people than just me.

is it just than the game isn't optimised form my radeon 9800pro. (- 14fps average wherever i go). :?

game settings = 1024x768, everything ecept particles = off.
have a amd 2000XP, 512MB ram, all background apps are off.

PS - last time i'll mention the FPS issue but i feel it should be addressed if possible.

I'm buying an amd 2800XP to see if that helps things. i like this game enough to spend 4x it's sales price just to try and get it running smooth.

EDIT 2 - HA. bought an new motherboard and amd 2800. and the damn frames per second has only gone up to 17fps.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH. please help.
Last edited by janonol on Fri, 5. Dec 03, 12:39, edited 2 times in total.

Jokis
x3

Post by Jokis » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:50

I've had general joystick problems, but that's pretty much it.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:53

Excellent, good to read news on progress! :thumb_up:

moore+
x2

Post by moore+ » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:54

Thanks for the info!

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:55

Thank you!... I will now stop whinging.....well, try ;)

mrjam
x3

Post by mrjam » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 03:11

Correct the mouse control, please!

I love playing with the mouse...

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 03:24

Janonol, turn down your resolution and turn off shadows.

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 03:27

mrjam4u wrote:Correct the mouse control, please!

I love playing with the mouse...
Seconded!!! Why is this missing from The List?! no love for the joystick-challenged folks?

Tandem
x2

turn rate

Post by Tandem » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 03:48

I am playing with keyboard rather than mouse or joystick and I am noticing a very fast turn rate in rather unenhanced ships. I remember more of a turning lag in X. Is this a technical issue (keyboard treated differently from other input devices) or is this an expected 'feature'

As it is, I can't see any point in buying the turning upgrades for my ship. Thank you

Kusanagi
x2

Post by Kusanagi » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 03:54

hehehehe this is X² or Apollo Xlll? :lol: :lol:
El poder es rosa

IMugly
x2

Post by IMugly » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 04:01

The_Abyss wrote:
To update people who have X² and those that have pre-ordered or are waiting to buy.
Nice technical updates for those who have X2. I'll be sure to take notice so when I do get the game I'll be prepared. But you didn't update anyone about the pre-orders, or was the update for tech issues only?

michal
x2

Post by michal » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 06:17

Thank you. It's very reassuring to finally have an official statement of some sort.

I'd like to mention the lack of the invert tilt control for keyboard. Seems like an accidental omission (and one which I've ordered a joystick to avoid).

I have another issue which may or may not be possible to overcome with the upcoming scripting feature. The fact that hitting [S]hip, [C]onsole, [1,2,3,4,etc] is not as powerful as it easily could be. Currently the numbers depend on the software you have installed. would it not be MUCH more intuitive (and powerful also) to have the numbered menus within the ship control console ALWAYS use the same numbers for the same functions? Even if this means that you'll have gaps in numbers unless you have certain software installed.

Thanks for a great game. I didn't expect it to be perfect from the start and I'm glad to hear problems are being addressed and scripting is due to be "released" soon.

Regards,
Michal

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”