|Edited: 01/05/18 18:18
The NoSteam executable for X3: Albion Prelude allows you to play the game without having to run the Steam client. It can be downloaded from the Downloads page, as long as you have registered either X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude in your forum profile. To use it:
- Make sure that both X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Albion Prelude are correctly installed and working. To do so, please use Steam's verify gamefiles cache tool for both X3TC and X3AP.
Note: The majority of X3AP specific files are located in the "addon" folder of your X3TC Steam directory.
- Download the NoSteam executable from the link provided above.
- Copy the executable to your X3TC Steam directory (by default
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict).
Note: This will overwrite the Steam X3AP executable. If you want to keep both, you can rename either of the executable files before copying the NoSteam.exe.
- Start the game by doubleclicking on the NoSteam executable.
Note: We only recommend using this if you have particular difficulties running Steam. Solutions to most common problems with Steam are covered in our Steam FAQ section.
If you are using the NoSteam executable you won't be able to:
- Patch your game – Patches are only provided through Steam
- Play in "Dead-is-Dead" mode
- Get Steam achievements
- Use any other Steam online function
With the NoSteam executable it is technically possible to completely remove Steam from your system and still play the game. However, you should back up your Steam games before uninstalling Steam, otherwise all your Steam games will be uninstalled!