|Edited: 03/03/16 11:21
The NoSteam executable for X3: Albion Prelude Version allows you to play the game without having to run the Steam client. It can be downloaded from the Downloads page, as long as you have registered either X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude in your forum profile. To use it:
- Download the NoSteam executable from the link provided above
- Copy the executable to your X3TC Steam directory (by default
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict)
- Start the game by doubleclicking on this executable
Note: We only recommend using this if you have particular difficulties running Steam. Solutions to most common problems with Steam are covered in our Steam FAQ section.
If you are using the NoSteam executable you won't be able to:
- Patch your game – Patches are only provided through Steam
- Play in "Dead-is-Dead" mode
- Get Steam achievements
- Use any other Steam online function
With the NoSteam executable it is technically possible to completely remove Steam from your system and still play the game. However, you should back up your Steam games before uninstalling Steam, otherwise all your Steam games will be uninstalled!