|Edited: 23/09/09 23:50
What is BitTorrent?
Information about BitTorrent and its applications can be found here and here.
There are a number of different clients freely available, one of which is available from www.bittorrent.com. Another is available from www.utorrent.com.
Egosoft has chosen to use this technology to enable a wider cross-section of the community to get quicker access to its content. Egosoft does not endorse unauthorised peer-to-peer file sharing.
These are the steps you should follow to use µTorrent to download Egosoft content:
1. Download and install the µTorrent application.
2. Ensure that the .torrent file extension is associated with this application.
3. Download the torrent link from the Egosoft site.
4. Ensure you have specified a destination for the torrent (if not, you should be prompted).
5. If all the above has been done, then clicking on the downloaded torrent link should launch the µTorrent application (if not already open) and begin downloading.
NOTE: If possible, once the download has completed, please leave the application running in 'seeding' mode; this will enable other users to download it more quickly.
If you encounter application-specific problems when using third-party programs, we recommend that you consult the application's help facility in the first instance.